Behind every great loudspeaker is or was a great sample or prototype. Without a doubt, one key element to Eminence Speaker’s success is our engineering department. Under the direction of Jerry McNutt, Matt Marcum, and Anthony Lucas (our design engineers), Eminence designs and builds over 2,000 prototypes annually – all hand built by our quality technicians.
To obtain prototype loudspeakers from Eminence, please follow this procedure:
- Contact our sales department which will qualify your account as a legitimate company (no individual or personal requests please).
- Provide (preferably via fax, email, or letter) as much information as possible to our sales department concerning your request. Frequently asked questions by Eminence are as follows:
- What size (diameter) of loudspeaker?
- Purpose of loudspeaker (PA, musical instrument, car audio, etc.)
- Impedance in ohms (2, 4, 6, 8, 16, 32 etc.)
- Type of surround (cloth, rubber, santoprene, foam, etc.)
- Vented or non-vented core assembly
- Power handling (RMS average watts)
Because we make loudspeakers for many companies, we are frequently asked to copy another customer’s product. It is our policy to not duplicate another customer’s product!
Your request will be written up by our sales department and forwarded to our credit department for approval. If you have not filed a credit application, you will be asked to do so at this time.
Once approval has been received from our credit department, your request will be forwarded to our lab for processing. The whole sampling process takes about 2 – 3 weeks.
When you receive your prototype(s), it is your responsibility to thoroughly test these speakers. Each prototype will be shipped with a specification page and an approval form. Once you test your sample and it meets with your approval, you will need to fill out the sample approval form and fax or email it back to Eminence along with your purchase order. Please do not send your approval form until you are ready to place an order.
Shortly after receiving the sample, you will be sent a formal quotation. Samples are prices as you receive them, unless otherwise noted. Any changes made, such as an addition of a logo dust cap, would void the quote. You will be quoted in quantity breaks of 1000, 500, 250, 100, and 50 pieces. Our minimum purchase quantity per speaker is 50 pieces. Speakers are priced on a per release basis.
When you approve a sample for production, we will issue a permanent spec number to this sample. This number will take the place of the sample number and will be recorded as your speaker for all future production.
If you have any questions concerning the sampling process, please call us at 502-845-5622 or e-mail us and we will gladly guide you through the process.